The Past Years Highlights

"When all else fails reach for the light - Sandra Marie Adams"

Well its the beginning of a new year and its busy. The year has kicked off to a fab start with the beginning of The YOUnite Tour. A world wide international tour featuring 52 artists from round the world.
The first exhibition recently opened at The Aiken Gallery in  South Carolina with many more exhibitions to come. Feel excited and honored to be a part of this amazing tour and be in the company of some fine artists.



Already the tour has greatly benefited me as an artist. I won an award for BEST OF SHOW, so very happy. You can continue to vote for The Peoples Choice Award by following the link. Voting is till the beginning of March . You need to be on Facebook. Simply follow the link and like my work. The YOUnite Tour Would love it if you took the time to vote for me.


                                                         The YOUnite Tour

To read more about The YOUnite Tour follow the link above. Or read the article from The Waiheke Marketplace.  Waiheke Marketplace The YOUnite Tour



God's Children by Sandra Marie Adams at Aiken Center


Recent Exhibitions

I have taken part in two recent exhibtions at Waiheke Community Art Gallery.  The Art Listers Exhibition and Waiheke Heats Up. The new art map is out on Waiheke Island listing all the studios and gallery's on the island. Waiheke is known for its fab art and this year the exhibition is running along side the now world famous Sculpture on the Gulf. I have been loving exploring painting nudes beginning with a self portrait which is in the exhibition.



Blue Nude by Sandra Marie Adams

                                                                                                                                             
 In fact Waiheke Island has just been  named one of the top 50 tourist destinations in the world most notably for art. Pretty cool and yes many talented artists call Waiheke their home.

Current Inspiration


Waiheke Island continues to be my Muse and feel so lucky to have its beauty to draw from. I have continued to paint my popular beach paintings.

Beach Bench Day One by Sandra Marie Adams



 I have also been wanting to go a bit deeper lately and explore some bigger issues using beautiful Waiheke Island as a back drop.Its been a long time since I have painted angels but I think having a sick child has impacted on my artistic journey. Lately I have felt a need to got deeper and the last few months have seen angels appearing in my art again.
The last two years have been tough, having a child with cancer takes you to places that you never knew previously existed. Hope and Despair sums up in an artistic way what that journey has meant for me.


Hope and Despair by Sandra Marie Adams
                                                                  

I've always had a fascination with all things spiritual .  My LOVE series has been an exploration of my personal view of conventional religion. I have had a long time fascination with Mary Magdalene and Jesus. I did some paintings around these themes years ago  and have come back to it recently. I am a massive lover of the colour RED and am pleased with the colour palette in these paintings.


                                                                               
I've decided that this year will be a year of painting what pleases me, not that I don't already but I really feel that I want to go out on a limb with things, so watch this space.

Highlights of the Past Year


2012 had its challenges trying to keep my business running while looking after my daughter. The highlight was definately being selected as a finalist for The New Zealand Portrait Awards  (Adam Portrait Awards)

Sahara's Fight  by Sandra Marie Adams


http://www.portraitgallery.nzl.org/adm/a12/p5.html

How to find my art and follow me


If you ever make it to Waiheke Island come pay me a visit.

Meanwhile my art is easily found on the web  Originals and prints are available



Become a fan on Facebook and get updates

Sandra Marie Adams Facebook page

Follow by blog for more regular updates.

Enjoy my art my hope is always to inspire and would love to hear what you think.

Sandra Marie Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment