Cool things

A couple of cool things happened today. Got an e mail from a Spanish high school teacher whose class are studying the injustices to women over the ages. One of my favourite subjects, well injustice of any kind. She want to use one of my paintings HOUSEWORK as part of the teaching of the topic.














How cool is that. When I began my journey as an artist never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined a class on the other side of the world would be studying my art.




Housework  By Sandra Marie Adams c 2013



Then I went to the supermarket and a woman came up to and said she knew me and followed my art. She said that she had GOD'S CHILDREN on her fridge and what a powerful inspiring painting it was. Her family were from Ghana and she understood that level of poverty.

Following an artistic path is hard going. The world sees success in terms of material wealth and as an artist is it tough to become materially wealthy but on a day like today I feel extremely rich. To have my work touching people and having them consider the world in which we live in as a result is all I could ever wish for.






No comments:

Post a Comment